Coronavirus Information and Precautions
We are currently creating plans to thoughtfully and carefully begin the process of getting to a post COVID-19 “normal”.
This process is anything but easy. While some states may be reopening businesses, schools, and recreational opportunities based upon geography, community spread, and trends, multi-level retirement communities like ours (with Independent Living, Assisted Living (licensed) and Memory Care), will have a different reopening schedule because we care for older adults who are most vulnerable to COVID-19.
Throughout this process, we will continue to follow and maintain compliance with all CDC guidelines as well as mandates for all State and Local departments, including the Department of Social Services (DSS), while balancing resident social engagement with quality of life. The health, well-being of our residents and staff remain our top priority.
- Meals – We are still delivering all meals to the resident apartments.
- Activities among the residents are being held, we just ask that residents wear a mask and maintain social distancing. Residents are continuing to do outdoor exercises. The Activity Department provides residents with newspapers, crossword puzzles, large print books, etc.
- Assisted Living – we are encouraging one on one visits outside with family members. Everyone must wear masks, and maintain social distancing but families are welcome.
- Memory Care – we encourage one on one visits with family members outside – only by appointment. Please call Venessa Russo at 951-679-2391 to arrange.
- Facetime visits – are always possible – please call 951-679-2391 if you would like a facetime visit with your loved one. Ask for the Activity Director in Assisted Living.
- Tours – Virtual tours are available for any level of care. Please call 951-679-2391 and ask for Edoardo or Esmerelda for immediate assistance.
The health and well-being of our residents, family members, and staff is of the utmost importance to us. For this reason, we are closely monitoring coronavirus (COVID-19) spread and following the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). In addition to our prevention measures, we are also actively preparing our communities to provide care and support for our residents and team members for an extended period of time should a quarantine become necessary.
Many standard infection control and safety protocols are already in place as a part of our standard flu prevention plan. However, because of the risks associated with COVID-19, we are proceeding with an abundance of caution to protect our communities.
We ask that all visitors to our independent living communities adhere to the following guidelines:
- We ask that you don’t come to the community if you have symptoms of illness OR if you have reason to believe you may have been exposed.
- If you have traveled to a Level 2 or Level 3 CDC travel-restricted country – currently China, South Korea, Japan, Italy, and Iran – in the last 30 days, please don’t visit until you are clear of travel for 14 days and have no signs or symptoms of infection.
- Please inform us of any recent international travel. As the virus evolves, the Level 2 and Level 3 travel-restricted countries may change.
- Wash your hands. We have placed hand sanitizer stations throughout our communities. Please thoroughly wash your hands and use hand sanitizer often while in the buildings. This is vital to limiting the spread of infection and keeping both you and our residents safe.
Thank you for your support in helping to keep our residents and community healthy and safe.
Links to CDC resource pages:
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus Situation Summary
- What you need to know about 2019 Novel Coronavirus Fact Sheet
- What to do if you are sick with 2019 Novel Coronavirus Fact Sheet
- Prevention & Treatment
Link to state health department page: